Monday, October 19, 2009

and now a word from the refrigerator . . .




Sometimes you just have to let the appliances have their say. 

My fridge, for example, has a particularly religio-philosophical bent.  Striving to  live uprightly - which you would think comes naturally to a fridge - and struggling to find contentment in its out of the way corner. Obviously, an appliance with a sense of moral activism, frustrated I fear, by being much cumbered about with a family's nutritional needs. 

Though the fridge feels passionately about that as well.


3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Wow. My refrigerator, due to the house's previous owners' zealous kitchen overhaul, is a fancy one that often malfunctions in one or another of its fancy apps, and moreover is faced with walnut or some other wood facing, just like the cabinets. Where is the refrigerator? It's disguised as cabinetry! Which means I cannot put anything on it. Frankly, I'd rather have magnets.

Very inspirational.

I loved your previous post too. When I read it, I would have had to cry to get to my comment, so I will just say: I loved your previous post.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

This reminds me of a newsletter I wrote once...the power of the refrigerator!

Mrs. Organic said...

Mine is the holder of to-do items and the calendar. I love your nutrition sheet and am going to copy it, unless of course you happen to have one on file you can email me?

Related Posts