Friday, October 30, 2009

manipulating her load of nectar




"When the house bee has received her portion of a nectar gatherer’s load, she meanders about the hive in search of a place where she will not be crowded. . . . She stands so very still that most observers consider her idle, but they have failed to note that she is manipulating her load of nectar by means of her mouthparts."


“Honey, Ripening Of,”
ABC and XYZ of Bee Culture
A.I. Root, 1877



And like the busy bee, so have I laid up a store of posts for this coming month to hearten myself each morning -

and perhaps to be some pleasure to any of you who check in through the month of November - when I will be writing 2500 words a day, 5 days a week, as part of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).

From now until December, I will post on Saturdays - briefly - to report on this wild project.

But I have also prescheduled short-short posts for the other days of the month - to which I may or may not append a word or two if I've completed my wordcount the day before - hope you enjoy them.

Wish me luck!



2 comments:

Mrs. Organic said...

Luck! And I'm so glad to hear you've provided for us, a month would be too long between posts.

Lisa B. said...

Oh, good luck! And I will look forward to hearing about your progress and seeing your short posts. Good luck, good luck!

Related Posts