Wednesday, November 11, 2009

and no, I have not fallen off the face of the earth . . .

It has probably been a blessing that my Internet has been down.  No email. No time-consuming forays to check the exact meaning of words or look for pictures of heron (and other less directly productive investigations).

I ended last week at 13,410.

Monday, despite spending the day at the food bank, I ended with 16,663.

Tuesday - O Tuesday! - as in the day just prior to this one - I ended at 21, 670!  5000 words yesterday!  And my characters have finally broken through the expository walls of the city and are on the verge of passing through the waterfall into adventure in the wider world. 

I may hit the half-way point later today - it's less than 3,500 words away - but not if I dribble away my time checking up on the biking news in the Netherlands . . .

1 comment:

Mrs. Organic said...

Fantastic! (and I am still working on a comment on the imaginary good/evil post).

Related Posts