Tuesday, November 24, 2009

and then we're home



 . . . or not

38,470   - not so near home as I had thought I would be when setting up these pictures/titles a month ago.

11,530 words still to go. 

And only 5 even remotely possible days to write - but I could finish in 5 days  doing the 2500 words/ day. 

Only 4 days realistically.  Which will mean trying to average nearly 3000 words a day.


What a boring post for you to read. 


Would it interest you to know that I have been sitting here at my desk all night?  Breaking only to take my 5:30 walk.  And now back again.  What! writing all this time? feverishly trying to finish up?

No.  Downloading pictures from my camera - because I haven't done that all month and suddenly was seized with an irresistible desire to do so.  Posting last night's dinner recipe on the whole/fresh food blog that I have ignored for as many months as it would take to bring a child from conception to blinking in the daylight.  Fiddling with the banner above which suddenly (in the face of my worry that I won't have time to finish because of the Thanksgiving visiting) seemed of the deepest essentiality.

Am I afraid that I won't finish before November 30th?  Or afraid that I will?


Word of the Day - "martinet" 

1. A strict disciplinarian.
2. One who lays stress on a rigid adherence to the details of forms and methods.
which is what I need today . . . Aw right, Emma J! snap to!

2 comments:

Mrs. Organic said...

I'm on pins and needles - you can DO it!

And the header is lovely. (please to link to the whole/fresh foods blog)

Emma J said...

You can click on the pic under "Whole & Local Field Rotation" - and now back to work!

Related Posts