Tuesday, November 17, 2009

inner fire




Just in case there hasn't been much of this lately. 

Yes, it really was this blue.  And just a month ago - remember?



****
I guess I won't, after all, cancel this post. 

I won't write instead "No I Can't."

Wordcount  26, 916 - which is Not Quite.  Which though is better than, "Not at All."  And it is too late into the night to sweat the final 80 word. 

Especially when "Not at All" was looking pretty inevitable most of the day today.  But then I decided to kill off a character - or at least, have him kidnapped for the next few years by the river villains. 

"That takes care of that," she says, dusting off her hands.
Stubbornly uncooperative characters, take note and tremble.  You may be the next to go.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I had never thought of threatening a character--let them know who's boss. Excellent strategy! You're inspiring!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a beautiful photo. Yes, yes, it certainly reminds me of brighter days.

"'That takes care of that,' she says, dusting off her hands."

"Stubbornly uncooperative characters, take note and tremble. You may be the next to go."

These two lines made me laugh. Do reassure me that Fritz and the children are less expendable than characters :)

Dottie said...

This is a gorgeous picture. Good luck with your writing.

Mrs. Organic said...

So the internets ate my comment - AGAIN. But what I said was: wouldn't it be nice if we could do that with the uncooperative characters in our real life? I mean where are the river priates when you really need them?

Related Posts