Thursday, March 4, 2010

{sigh}


Wish we were there.

On our last evening away this past weekend, Fritz and I were trying to remember how many times since our actual anniversary (six months ago), we'd managed to be away from home alone.  Just the two of us - no kids, no friends.  Not that kids and friends aren't wonderful.  But so is being alone together.

We counted:  this weekend and that one overnight . . . (begun as disaster, ending up not quite so bad).

Two movies I dragged him to see  . . . after seeing them with friends and/or kids  (Julie & Julia/ Avatar).

One morning when my friend couldn't walk so Fritz walked with me instead.

The evening we drove around and found his parents a place to rent.

That's it.  Maybe we went shopping for a lamp for his parents just the two of us? No, I think YoungSon was with us then . . .

Pitiful.

We decided that from now until the end of August when we'll celebrate twenty years of legally and lawfully, we have to make room for a total of twenty times it's just us together.  That means in the next six months, fourteen walks, dinners, picnics, bike rides . . .

 . . . why didn't we think of this years ago?

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I fully endorse this commitment on your part. I will say that the alone time, and the prospect of alone time, with the partner is part of what keeps me going, like almost nothing else. So: GO. GO! on a walk, to the movies, overnight, wherever. It is an unalloyed good.

Toshia said...

That sounds like a fun idea...you probably didn't think of it years ago because that would have meant fewer times together in the year! This makes me want to get away with hubby...

Mrs. Organic said...

This past year Mr. O and I have spent more time together, alone. And it has been glorious. Enjoy!

(I also meant to mention just how much I love your cheery yellow raincoat - very, very much).

Fritz said...

Well, the first year we had a honeymoon. And I'm sure we went out twice the 2nd . . . but 20 for 20 years sounds like the start of a grand tradition.

Related Posts