Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thank you, Sarcasm


mikezuk

We're just two days into this parade of gratitude and already you show your scaly head? 

All right.  Sarcasm -  thank you.

For . . .

For . . .

For resisting the easy and sweet in the name of thinking again.
For attending to the ubiquity of the ridiculous.
For liking to laugh.

For being that stubborn and irreducible gristle - of the mind I want to say, but it is you, Sarcasm, who stop me with your snarky eye-rolling over that gruesomely mixed metaphor.  We all thank you for that.

And thank you for showing up so promptly.  For providing proof within your very self, all prickled, pickled and sicklied over with dull care and self-regarding pride that an exercise in thanks is exactly what this silly human needs.

Thanks for that above all.

3 comments:

Mrs. Organic said...

I was just thinking the same thing - I really need to exercise my thankful muscles (they are wasting away).

ArtSparker said...

It's a good tool in the box.

Lisa B. said...

it would be interesting to locate the sarcasm bone and see what else it's connected to. I liked this twisty, thoughtful post.

Related Posts