Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thank you, Singing Sister


You know how much I love to hear you - that full-color, fathoms deep, mountain high and wide, open-throated voice of yours - but since you are leaving tomorrow and the singing will not be filling my house and heart for another year - six months - too long however long it is - I had to say thank you to you, Amazing Sister, for the singing.



 O come Desire of Nations and bind
In one the hearts of all mankind.
Bid Thou our sad divisions cease
And be Thyself our Prince of Peace.
Rejoice! Rejoice!  Emmanuel
Shall come again, O Israel.


Thank you for knowing all the verses and singing all of them for me, even though the vagaries of my camera  allow only a snippet to be recorded.  Thank you for putting the heartache you've lived through into something so beautiful as this.


Oh, won't you go and tell my baby sister,
Don't do as I have done,
But shun that house in New Orleans
They call the Risin' Sun.


When I am very old, or very sad, or just whenever next you can, please come sing to me again.


If like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
Darkness be over me,
My rest a stone.
Still in my dreams I'll be,
Nearer my God to Thee,
Nearer my God to Thee,
Nearer to Thee.




 . . .  thank you, s'vester.


No comments:

Related Posts