Thursday, March 3, 2011

FEBRUARY 31, 2011 - what I told them

What mi amiga said:  "You can just go and totally reinvent yourself.  Do not even look back."

What my dad said:  "It's about time."

What my mom said: "Don't you think this is what it's been about - not anyone else, just you not wanting to end up a querulous old lady?"

What YoungSon said, after laughing, his face making all its sweet crinkles, because I'm swooping around hoom-hooming a manic rendition of Phantom of the Opera - which has, I hope, very little to do with my news:  "That's cool, Mom.  Will you be gone when I come home from school?"

What Middlest said: "Yay!  I'm so happy for you!"

What Fritz said:  "So we can meet for lunches.  How long is it going to take?  Because we'll need to set that much aside."

Because this  is what I told them.

And now I'm telling you since - just now - the word came through that all the official prerequisite flotsam has been nailed down.  So when I come back in April I will be talking like this.  Or trying to.

(Now back to the swooping and hoom-hooming)

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Wow!!!

Velouria said...

My guess was going to be either that or running off to join the circus : )

Emma J said...

For me too it was touch and go there for awhile. The leotard, though, that was the deal-breaker.

Melody said...

I took stats last semester. B+. When you finish the class you'll understand why this is something to brag about. God be with you. And with the other stuff you're doing.

I so enjoy visiting here now and again. It looks like you won't have much time in the next several years to read extra blogs, but if you would like to stop in on my new private blog (hurray for re-invention) I'd love to have you. write me at melody(dot)new(at)gmail and I'll send you an invite.

Emma J said...

Melody, thank you. And I would be honored to be able to peek into your private writing.

fresca said...

Congratulations! Public Health is a field I considered myself, after I had to take an intro class in it to fulfill some requirement and loved it.
Never went further, but still an interested observer.

So much of civilization relies on clean water.

P.S. I've been away from the blogosphere a lot in the last couple months--doing some catching up now.

Related Posts