Friday, June 13, 2014

selah: collaboration #4

Selah.  A musical term that occurs 71 times in the Psalms and three times in Habakkuk.  Its meaning is uncertain.  Most likely it is a direction to the musicians to strike up, either with a louder accompaniment or with an interlude while the singing ceased.



saturday, august 17, 2013
Ah!  three more days until Eldest will be here for one last biking adventure this summer. Middlest and YoungSon have their panniers almost packed.  Fritz has taken Mijo out for one last training ride along the dikelands.

I hope this isn't our last ride together.  But how many more times we'll be able to get everyone together for one of these All-Family rides, I don't know. 


Hear me when I call

monday, january 13, 2014
Patterns have arrived for bridesmaids dresses.  Guess I'd better start washing fabric so I can begin (again) the Grand Cut-out.  Does anyone else have a curious sense of deja-vu? 
 

thou hast enlarged me

 friday, june 13, 2014 
We rode home from Eldest's final reception through the valley 
where Fritz and I lived when we were first married. 
The full moon showed only a forehead of silvery light above the mountains.

hear my prayer



monday, november 10, 2014 
Lunar phase will be waning gibbous.
The moon is growing smaller (old moon).
The time the Moon makes a complete orbit around the Earth (sidereal period) is 27.321661 days. The time between two consecutive New moon phases is 29.53058867 days.

Selah



saturday, august 17, 2013
Both Eldest and Mid seem pretty serious about their current flames. Nice guys, of course.  But who knows? and at least for this next week -- who cares? 

Probably, all of us. But we can pretend for one week, can't we? That we have all the time in the world?  


Stand in awe



monday, january 13, 2013
I messaged Eldest today, "Remember that time we scheduled your first filling for the afternoon before your Red Riding Hood solo in the school program?  You were still amazing and such a trooper. But I didn't realize until today just exactly what we put you through."


selah


friday, june 13, 2013
I glanced over at Fritz the way I have for a quarter of a century.  He drove with moonlight on his hands on the steering wheel.  "Remember how you used to make the moon rise and set for me behind these very same mountains?" I asked him.



Offer the sacrifices of righteousness


monday, november 10, 2014

I don't have any idea how to write the future.
I don't think I can even try.
All I can do is pray.


put your trust in the Lord


saturday, august 17, 2013
And meanwhile, I'm stuck out here pulling dry weeds from dry dirt on the bank below the driveway.  No flowers here to work around since the bulbs have all dried and died back down into the ground. Now just unrewarding labor amid my own bad effort earlier. I should have laid down mulch this spring. 

I should have done so many things. 
Before the season was over.


lift thou up the light of thy countenance

monday, january 13, 2014
She messaged back, "Nope, don't remember.  All I remember is that I got to wear your red cape and use one of your pretty baskets." 



thou hast put gladness in my heart



friday, june 13, 2014
"I remember," said Fritz,  "Watch me do it again." 
And he drove until the mountain moved out of the way, then drove until the moon hid again behind the mountain. 
But really, all the time the moon was rising.

dwell in safety




2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Oh, I am feeling this post.

What a beautiful, beautiful celebration.

Melody said...

Brilliant and beautiful. Like the moon. Like you.

Related Posts