Friday, February 19, 2016

Week 23 - these hills are your friends

Before he left my weekday world to begin his long commute, Fritz and the boys helped me set up this border of hills -- they are the ABCs of College Readiness


This is my work.  And I love it.

All day long I stand here at my computer (yes, stand) scheduling the computer labs, scheduling the state testing, entering test scores to fulfill essential skill requirement, analyzing data from test scores, calling & emailing local universities, calling & emailing local businesses, arranging field trips, arranging college visits, arranging the coming career fair, arranging the late bus for Homework Club, arranging schedules upon schedules and scheduling arrangements.  And while I'm at it, students come in who have questions about 
  • how do I get the computer to print?
  • how do I get to my teacher's Google classroom?
  • how do I get my assignment to appear on my teacher's Google classroom?
  • how do I get a job?
  • how do I apply for a job?
  • are there jobs here in town for after school?
  • are there jobs for people who don't have cars?
  • are there jobs for people who don't have experience?
  • what college would be a good one for me?
  • what would I study if I want to be a ____ ?
  • can I get a scholarship?
  • how do I get a scholarship?
  • is it too late to apply for the scholarship?
  • how do I fill out the FAFSA?
  • how can I fill out the FAFSA if my parents refuse to give tax info?
  • how can I fill out the FAFSA if I am homeless and don't know where my parents are?
  • what is the FAFSA?
  • is it too late to fill out the FAFSA?


It is not too late, but you better hurry!
It delights me to no end that I have answers for them.






No comments:

Related Posts