Friday, January 27, 2017

Starting Anywhere: A Reading Guide


Resistance Matters: strategies for coping with these times


25 Nonfiction books for Anger & Action
25 Works of Poetry & Fiction for Anger & Action
Vivas to Those Who have Failed
In the Time of the Butterflies
Last Standing Woman
Wide Sargasso Sea

Obama's reading list

Constitution and Bill of Rights

We've come a long way toward getting nowhere

The President's Role in Advancing Criminal Justice Reform
Hillbilly Elegy
The New Jim Crow
Letter from a Birmingham Jail
White Fragility: why it's so hard to talk to white people about racism


The Black Jacobins
 by C.L.R. James
Beloved
 by Toni Morrison
Roots
 by Alex Haley
The Souls of Black Folk
 by W.E.B. DuBois
Our Nig
 by Harriet E. Wilson
Finding Sojourner’s Truth: Race, Gender, and the Institution of Property
 by Cheryl Harris
Whiteness as Property
 also by Cheryl Harris

White Privilege: unpacking the invisible backpack
What I Said when my white friend asked for my black opinion on white privilege

Booklist from pantsuit resources

White Privilege readings from pantsuit resources

What Does it Mean to Be White: Developing White Racial Awareness
I, racist
I, racist, sexist

My Feelings are Not about You

Safety Pin

Fagin

Autocracy -- Rules for Survival

How to be a White Ally

A post-election guide to Changing Hearts and Minds

Here's What I'm Telling my Brown Son about Trump's America


Suggested Reading for an Educated Citizenry

A Reading Guide for those in despair about American Politics

No comments:

Related Posts